Sunday 8 May 2011

From the archives: solargraph

This image shows three months in a photo (December 2009-March 2010). Perhaps the most amazing thing about it is that my mum let me stick two beer cans to her upstairs windowsill with orange duct tape for three months! She won't let me repeat the experiment though...


This image is a solargraph: a record of the sun's path since December. It was taken in Brittany, and you can just about make out the trees on the horizon. Obviously I didn't leave my camera on a windowsill for three months or so: I made a pinhole camera using a beer can. For instructions (and much better images), click here and here.

2 comments:

Adam said...

That's very nice - and I especially like the fact that it needs to be a beer can!

CarolineLD said...

Oh yes, the beer can is absolutely essential! And of course, it has to be emptied...