English Heritage have published a lovely booklet detailing the buildings they listed in 2011. It's available as a PDF download here; London news website Snipe have helpfully put it online here.
Among the buildings to gain listing protection last year were some I've featured on this blog, including:
- Lloyd's Building, City of London, recognised as 'the supreme icon of British‘Hi-Tech’ architecture'.
- A very different financial structure, the 'Edwardian Baroque' former Prudential Building in Lewisham.
- The ramp at West Smithfield which formed part of the market's underground railway facilities.
- Various underground stations, including Wood Green.
- Various K6 telephone kiosks (not to be confused with the K2!).
There are lots more in the booklet, including some I'll definitely be seeking out. Do have a look and see if any of your own favourites are there!