Monday 20 July 2009

Art in Action

One of my favourite art events was this weekend: Art in Action, a huge show where as well as exhibitions and a marketplace, there are lots of opportunities to literally see art in action. A number of artists demonstrate various techniques from sculpture to illustration, while visitors can also try new skills or improve existing ones in a range of taster classes. My first efforts at marquetry won't get me an appearance any time soon, but here are some real artists at work.








Images (top to bottom): Mexican tent, my marquetry, John Stroomer, Nikki Taylor, sculpture class, stone carving, Ruthanne Tudball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are amazing, I love the way they really capture the artists at work. Thank you for sharing them.

CarolineLD said...

Thank you!