Sunday 9 September 2012

Somerset Stik


The work of street artist Stik can mostly be seen around London - especially in Hackney and Shoreditch, although the picture below is at the Phoenix Garden, St Giles. He also has work in Bristol, but it was a surprise to come across this image in Glastonbury. Stik has explained in an interview, 'I love the buzz of painting in a small town where word spreads fast.

In fact, the picture has been painted here twice - the first time, graffiti was added and the council painted over it. Let's hope that it gets to stay this time!




3 comments:

HughB said...

Quite jolly, and better than graffiti on an empty wall, but I wouldn't ask him to do a family portrait. Also, he's been a naughty artist, hasn't he? His blog has been suspended for some infraction!

CarolineLD said...

As I don't like seeing pictures of myself, having him do my family portrait actually has appeal! There's something intriguing about how expressive these stick characters manage to be.

Anonymous said...

Admiring the persistence you put into your site and in depth information you provide. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed information. Wonderful read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.